FREE DELIVERY for orders over R 1000.00
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Place whole chicken into an oven proof dish, speed onion wedges and potatoes around with the herbs and drizzle with half the oil and half of each spice.
- Then pour over half the chicken stock, place the other half in a pot for the gravy.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, oil and the rest of the spices to form a paste with a few sprigs of the thyme and rosemary, season with some salt and pepper. Spread all over the chicken until covered, this will give the chicken a lovely crispy skin.
- Place in the oven and cook for 1 hour until chicken is golden and crispy. I always check mine half way to give the potatoes a stir and take some of the juices to put in with the gravy.
- To make the gravy use the other half of the chicken stock that is in your pot and boil over a medium heat, add in some of the juices from the chicken when you check it after 30 min, boil until you have your desired consistency, I sometimes add a teaspoon of Bisto to thicken it.
Need some more inspiration?
Eat like a king
No need for a kings ransom to eat
like a KING! Browse our growing list of mouth watering Gourmet & Basic meals for inspiration.
Share your Chicken Recipes with CAPE
KING FOODS Instagram
Weekly Specials & Recipes
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Join our newsletter and be the first
to receive our weekly specials. We also share mouthwatering recipes lovingly created by our
We notifying our team of your message!
It will not be long.